10 YEARS IN 10 POINTS
- Waipā is adjusting to the impacts of the global COVID-19 pandemic, and economic and social recovery will be a huge focus for us long-term.
- Ensuring Waipā is an affordable place to live, work, play and invest is one of the biggest challenges facing our district in the next 10 years.
- Waipā continues to grow fast and to cater for growth we must have infrastructure like pipes and roads. But to keep debt levels within limits and rates affordable, we’ve had to adjust the timing of some growth projects.
- Like other councils, our district is facing a raft of big issues like managing climate change, effective delivery of water and wastewater services, and managing ageing infrastructure. These impact heavily on our activities and priorities for the next 10 years.
- Our debt will increase significantly as we build new infrastructure ot cater for growth and deliver the projects we've identified in the plan. We're funding this work from debt to ensure the cost is spread fairly between current and future ratepayers.
- Despite the challenges ahead, we will keep investing in our towns, community projects and facilities so Waipā remains vibrant and a fantastic place for people to live and visit.
- A huge chunk of work will be creating a spatial plan - or ‘blueprint’ - for Waipā that sets out our plan of action for where and how we should grow and develop over the next 30 years. It will include land use, transportation, three waters infrastructure, community infrastructure, heritage and the environment.
- Our work for the next 10 years will help us achieve our vision, Waipā Home of Champions: Building Connected Communities, and community outcomes: socially resilient, cultural champions, environmental champions and economically progressive.
- Find out more detail about our 5 big topics.
- Have your say on Waipa's Long Term Plan.
Check out our big topics ....